LIGHT aims to strengthen the capacity of individuals, institutions, and multiple stakeholders in LIGHT countries to generate, adapt, translate, and utilise evidence, as well as manage research.
This is achieved through organising, facilitating and taking part in a number of capacity strengthening inititaives, including attending external personal and professional development opportunities and training opportunities. Details of the capacity strengtheining initiatives and learning tools are available under learning & resources sections.
Some the capacity strengthieng initiatives include:
- Evidence Informed Decision Making (EIDM) training, tailored towards key stakeholders and decision makers in LIGHT partner countries. These series of EIDM workshops are led by AFIDEP.
- Research Administration and Management Programme (RAMP) training, tailored towards administrators, managers, and finance officers within the LIGHT consortium.
- LIGHT Capacity Strengthening Week (CSW), held every 2 years, and tailored towards LIGHT conosrtium members including early career researchers (ECRs), Post-Docs, research uptake and communication teams.
- Scientific writing workshop aims at improving academic writing an publications.
- Podcast training aims at equipping LIGHT staff interested in podcasting with tools on how to prepare and record a podcast.
- TB module